EventRoads is a social website where you can plan trips to see anything and everything, especially in your local area. Get involved. Add places you know or love. Rate places to let others know why they should or shouldn’t go there. Create routes to visit several places at a time and create groups with your friends to plan and travel together.
Ever wondered where the best Christmas displays are? Where to go Trick or Treating and which houses are taking part? How about planning a hens or bucks night (or day)? Or a wine and cheese tasting event. All these things and more is why EventRoads was created and what you can use it for. Use it to find the best local places to visit and add the ones you know of for other people to find out about. It will change the way you plan your day or your night out, by yourself or with your friends.
It is the ultimate planning tool – created, updated and rated by people like you.
Save time by finding the best places to visit all in one spot. Read ratings about locations on the map to decide if a place you are interested in is worth the visit. Reduce conflict and indecision when you are going out in a group by planning on EventRoads with your friends – no more last minuet or on the spot decisions about where you should go or what you should see. By making you a community hero when you add your favourite locations so others can enrich their lives by visiting the places you think are great.
Add places, pictures, videos, comments, ratings and routes to the EventRoads Map. Add new places you have discovered to the map or routes you have created. Or add additional information to existing places and routes such as new pictures. videos, comments and ratings.
Plan your next adventure with EventRoads by creating a route to go exploring. Make a group with your friends and have them to add their input, ideas and suggestions to the route and build your next great journey together
Create amazing routes with the places on the EventRoads map. Make them public if you like for other EventRoads members to use or keep them private for only you and your friends.
Rate places you have added and visited. Let others know if they should go or add this place to their routes or not, if a place was amazing or not worth a look. Do the same with routes you have been on.
Share your favourite places and routes with with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and email as well as other EventRoads members and your EventRoads friends.
Get out and go visit the places on the routes that you have created. Take some friends and have even more fun.
Bring your friends in to join your adventures by inviting them to a group you have created so you can plan and travel together
Click on the green 'Add new' button in the top left corner and select 'Add new place' to open up a window where you can add you new location details to the map.
Search for locations to build your routes and for existing routes to try out by visiting the home page. You can visit the home page at anytime by clicking on the EventRoads name and logo in the top left hand side of the page.
When you are there, select the category you wish to search in and enter your address into the 'search by address' box. You can enter a full address, postcode, suburb or any part of an address to be taken to that area. If you don't enter an address you will automatically be taken to the area that is closest to you.
Alternatively you can search by using the magnifying glass icon located in the top furthest right hand side of the screen.
Add your rating and review by clicking how many stars you are giving the location and writing your review in the box below it. You can rate places and routes when you add them. Or if you have visited one of the locations or used one of the routes, you can view the location/route and add your rating and review from this screen.
Reviews and ratings are public and display the user who has left them.
You can add your pictures and videos of different locations by clicking the green 'Add your photos and video' button at the top of the screen when you add a place or route. If you have visited locations or used any of the routes, simply view the route or location marker and click the green 'Add your photos and video' button at the top of the screen to contribute to it.
1. Click on the green 'Add new' button in the top left corner and select 'Add new route' to open up a window where you can build your new route.
2. Add locations to the route by typing in an address or by clicking on a marker on the map. When you click on a marker, the address details of that marker will be added to the route.
3. Use the + icon in the green circle to add more stops to your route.
4. Select a privacy setting for the route by using the drop down selection in the 'privacy settings' box.
5. Choose a category for your route by using the drop down selection in the 'category' box.
6. Write a description of your route to explain to others what your route is about and highlight any exciting or interesting things others would like to know about it. Or, if your route is private to remind yourself of things you want to see or do on the route or the reasons for creating the route.
7. Rate your route by giving it a star rating out of 5 and writing a review of why you gave it this rating.
8. View the route on the map by clicking on the 'View on map' button at the bottom of the page (next to the Add route button). Note: You can view you map at anytime when creating it by clicking on this button. When you click this button the other markers will disappear and show only the markers you have selected for your route. Click it again to bring back the markers and toggle between views.
9. Add route to map by clicking the green 'Add route' button
You can share your route 3 ways:
1. After you have created it yo can share it with the world by clicking on any of the share buttons that come up on the following screen once you have added your route to the map.
2. When you are creating a route you can share it to a group by selecting 'Group only' in the privacy settings and then selecting the group to share it to from the drop down menu.
3. Alternatively when you are viewing a route on the map, you can share it via email to friends or via social media by clicking the 'Share via email' icon or social media sharing icons located in the center of the screen under the back button next to the green add your photos or video button.
Search for friends on EventRoads by clicking the drop down menu next to your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen. In the drop down menu, you will see a heading titled 'My friends'. Click on this and you will be taken to the My friends page. When you are here click on the green 'find friends' button to be taken to a search page.
You can also send a request via email or social media to any of your friends not yet using EventRoads asking them to join you and be part of your network.
When you visit the 'My groups' page you can create groups to travel different routes with. When you have made a group you can share routes with this group or build a route with the group and share and opinions, suggestions, feedback and generally discuss between you all details about the route, when you will go etc.
You can find the 'My groups' page by clicking the drop down menu next to your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen. In the drop down menu, you will see a heading titled 'My groups'. When you click on this you will be taken to the My groups page which will show you a list of the groups you have created and are part of as well as allow you to create new groups by clicking the green 'create group' button on the right of the page.
When viewing a location or route simply click the green star icon with a + on it in the center of the page under the back button next to the green add your photos or video button.
Everything you favorite will show up in the 'My favorites' page. You can find this by clicking the drop down menu next to your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen. In the drop down menu, you will see a heading titled 'My favorites'. When you click on this you will be taken to the My favorites page which is broken up into 2 tabs to display your favorite places and your favorite routes.
All locations you add to the map can be found by going to the 'My places' page. You can find this by clicking the drop down menu next to your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen. In the drop down menu, you will see a heading titled 'My places'. When you click on this you will be taken to the My places page which will list all the locations you have added along with options to edit and delete your markers.
You can also add a new location from here by clicking the green 'Add new place' button located in the top right hand side of this page.
All routes you add to the map can be found by going to the 'My routes' page. You can find this by clicking the drop down menu next to your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen. In the drop down menu, you will see a heading titled 'My routes'. When you click on this you will be taken to the My routes page which will list all the routes you have added along with options to edit and delete your routes.
You can also add a new routes from here by clicking the green 'Add new route' button located in the top right hand side of this page.
Edit your profile at anytime by visiting the 'Edit profile' page found by clicking the drop down menu next to your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen. In the drop down menu, you will see a heading titled 'Edit profile'. Click on this and you will be taken to the Edit profile page where you can:
- Upload a picture or avatar to represent yourself with. Your avatar picture will be displayed next to your user name in the top right hand side of the screen.
- View your details such as your user name, name, birthday and email address.
- Reset your password.
- Add links to your Facebook, Twitter and Pintrest accounts for direct sharing.
Save your changes by clicking the green 'Save' button at the bottom of the page. And view your profile how the public see it by clicking on the green 'view as public profile' link in the top right hand corner of the page.
Please fill in the box below with your details and someone will get back to you shortly. If your question is one that we feel may benefit others, you may see it added to this page!